Michaels New Kimberley Edit being Shown to Bob Brown

14 Sep 2010 at 11:07am

I just also wanted to say a big thank you to the crew at Clever Starfish web design.They have given me the best service since having them create my two sites. I have made subtle changes over the past months and it has never been a problem. That is what I call service and that is why I recommend them so highly. They are the best in the game and you should be using them for your next project. Rock on guys!

1. Kym says:

Fantastic Michael! So beautiful, no-one should be allowed to ruin it!!

2. Brett Morgan says:

If this video doesn’t change there mind nothing will all this video does is want me to get in my car and head north and so wish I could but can’t right now 🙁 but soon I hope anyway.
    Keep up the good work Christian and Michael it has to be making a difference eh.

3. Stakky says:

awesome, that’ll go down well. Hope to hell we as a blogging community can make some change out of all this conservation awareness. I’m close to getting all the staff at school to jump on the partition bandwagon actually… once exams are over.

4. Your right Kym

It made me want to get in my car and go too Brett. In fact Michael is heading there at the end of the week.

Good on you Stakky. It is great to see young people who give a sh1t. You could be one of the greats one day mate. With your skill behind the camera it is assured. Once you have become hugely successful then you will be looking to see how what you do can make a difference. This will become your legacy and what you are remembered for.

5. Nigel Gaunt says:

More amazing images of this unique part of Oz…… should slip a bit of footage of “The Burrup” in for comparison, Na why ruin a master piece

I will be at the Burrup next week Nigel. Will try to see the beauty that is still left there.

7. Paul T says:

You can email Senator Bob Brown here… http://bob-brown.greensmps.org.au/contact

8. thanks for the link Paul

9. It is visual poetry and I’ll feature it on my blog as well soon to get everyone onboard for Save the Kimberley. Also just emailed Save the Kimberley campaign and donated my entire Kimberley image collection to them for the cause. Whatever we can do to save the Kimberley and save the planet from ourselves really!

10. Cool mate. Did you know 20,000 h is 200 square Kms? Now that is a lot of land for one gas plant! The funny thing is the the environmental report isn’t in yet and they are already doing testing on the sea floor off JPP to get ready to put the jetties in. Apparently there will be two 4kms long and two 2kms long.

I have just been speaking to Nigel Gaunt and he said this year because of the testing going on he has only see 8 whales. The same time last year he saw 50. Barnett said the whales can just swim around the jetties! I’d like to see him try that!

11. Tim Wootton says:

Another great video and images from the Fletchers! If that doesn’t jolt a few people into realising what can be lost if these desecrations go ahead ,then they must be blind !!
    Good on you Christian and Mike!

12. matt saul says:

Such a stunning place! I’m going to have to get up there ASAP
    Have you thought about submitting this video and doing an interview with one of the tv stations? would be good exposure

13. Thanks Tim, we are in a position to do something because we have seen it. Most people haven’t.

Matt, the news will be at JPP in October to run a story. Come up and be famous mate!

14. hazel says:

Christian I hope you don’t mind but I’m going to post this link on the ABC face book site. Some of the regular contributers are all jolly about Oprah coming to Australia thinking she might make a difference to the Kimberley!!!!! Its blokes like you who are and will make a difference. Hope you don’t mind me sharing the video… so beautiful.

That is brilliant Hazel thanks for that. Go right ahead and share away. Hope we can all stop this madness!

16. Tanya Smith says:

Truly amazing . . .I think the images will really help connect people to the cause. If you haven’t been up there (like me), it’s hard to imagine what’s going on and what’s at stake. Great work guys.

17. jennifer says:

This video made me so emotional and I wanted to cry. I have visited and stayed at nearly all the places shown and they are spectacular. If Colin Barnett watches this and does not feel anything, he is surely made of stone.

Has there been any feedback on how this went?