Back From Coral Bay

25 Aug 2008 at 1:08am

Hi all. Just got back in from a trip to Coral Bay and trying to catch up with everything going on. I am off again this weekend to run a photography workshop in Port Hedland with three other photographers and 50 or so students. Organised by a company called FORM. Should be fun. When in Coral Bay we didn’t catch any fish so I was inspired to draw some. This is a salmon I drew in Corel Painter and overlaid on a pic of an old shed I shot in Broome. I am starting to get some ideas about future compilations of this type. It is good to be home but I have so much editing to do it is very daunting. New images from the trip soon. Cheers

1. mattlauder says:

It’s hard to catch fish when your drunk. 🙂 Have funs in Port Headland

2. mattlauder says:

It’s hard to catch fish when your drunk. 🙂 Have fun in Port Headland

3. Donelle says:

I quite like this pic, the shadow over the fish is kinda cool. Have fun in Port Headland!!!

4. Luca Braca sleeps with the fishes! Sorry, can’t see a fish without saying that 😀

Welcome back mate, look forward to new photos – I know what you mean about the editing thousands of raw files it really is daunting. That’s one thing digital has certainly added, a large new workload and workflow.

5. Welcome Back Christian, nice and warm up there 🙂

6. hi guys yes it was warm and boozy. What else are holidays for? Flemming hmm??? What??? Port Hedland will be interesting. Might be the start of weekend courses! Will let you know!

7. I’m weird I know. It’s from The Godfather and I misquoted it, it’s “Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes” after Luca Brasi has been killed and dropped to the bottom of the ocean and the Corleone family just recieves a package with Luca Brasi’s bulletproof vest and a fish!

8. Hazel says:

Fantastic book Flemming. Nice pic too, love the door and overlaid fish but can you take away the words….makes me feel sad for such a lovely fish.

9. Tom Putt says:

Hey CF just trying to find more info on that workshop you’re doing – where is a link please??

10. kirkhille says:

Welcome Back christian , Coral Bay is a great place for a Boozy holiday and fishing . Been about a year since i was up there sure it hasnt changend .

11. Hi Tom, the workshop is run by a non profit organisation called FORM. I think you should find them on google. I don’t know too much but will know it all on Friday

12. Tommy P says:

looked on google couldn’t find anything…