Exit Light, Enter Night

10 Dec 2008 at 12:39am

surf-cat This is a line from one of my favourite Metallica songs. Obviously they didn’t have a 5D mark II. This show that it doesn’t get dark after the sun goes down, you just need to be able to see in the dark. This camera does. The stats, iso 800, f5, 13 seconds. Little to no noise in the RAW image. Depth of field suffered a little with that aperture but the overall effect is good. Helped along by the moonlight. The white spots are stars. Live view was perfect for focusing on the surf cat. I love this camera!!!

1. anne says:

Amazing image! The light is unreal! It has almost a old hollywood studio effect on it. What a great camera indeed. Love the silkiness of the water.

2. James says:

Christian, stunning take, the light is magic.

How long after sunset did you take this shot?

3. merv french says:

Nice….you can cleary sse the glare from the light’s of Bunbury,

What would the 1d have made of this shot?

4. wow long exposure at iso 800 that came out awesome, nice one.

5. jamiepatersonphotography says:

Nice work Christian. Obviously I’d get the same shot on the MkIII with F16, iso 50 and 1 sec, but the 5D is definitely catching up. 😉 Yes Live View rocks for low light situations.

Jamie Paterson

6. thomasparkes says:

Freaky, there are no boundaries that this camera cannot meet.

7. Donelle says:

A freaking awesome pic Christian!!!! I just love it, the colour of the boat is unreal against the glassiness(not sure if thats really a word but stuff it I will use it) of the water!!

8. Dylan Fox says:

YES! YES! YES!
    this is awesome! The CF style photos i know and love!
    try this shot on the 400
    i wouldnt be able to focus and even at iso100 the noise for this low light would probably suck!

I need cash! well more cash so I can get me one of these bad boys!

9. kirkhille says:

These images make me want to get this camera sooner .
    Love this shots Christian ,
    Just counting down the days now until i get mine 🙂

10. Josh says:

Love this shot Christian. Very Cool.

11. wicked shot Christian.
    love the clouds, and the cat seems to pop out at you.
    fantastic

12. It does have strange light Anne, thanks to the moon.

James this was taken about 9pm

I don’t know Merv, it wouldn’t be as good I think.

Ya dream’n Jamie, hang up the old Mark III mate, it’s finished!!

Dylan + 5D mark II = awesomeness!!!

Kirk from what I heard you might be counting down the months! pretty hard to get one at the moment.

Thanks for all the comments

13. Hazel says:

Front cover of a travel brochure! Beautiful shot!

14. Clint Baker says:

wow…… i hate u…. bloody brilliant mate