Home from True North Trip

14 Sep 2009 at 3:41am

Well I am in crisis mode and also depression mode as my 13 days on True North have come to an end. I hope Mark and I didn’t rub it in too much about how awesome the trip was. And just a note, no I am not on the payroll at Northstar cruises, I just seriously had the best holiday of my life. In fact it is probably as good as anything I’ll ever do in my life and something that you have to experience to believe. A big thanks to the crew and Mark and Craig for allowing me to get on and also to the great people I met also. Do yourself a favour and save up, it is money well spent. Now its on to the next adventure, 4 days in a heli shooting landscapes for Apache with Jamie Paterson and my bro. That is going to make a few jealous too!! hehe. What do you reckon Jamie??

1. Rod Thomas says:

is it the east coast air, or just me.. but who / whay is Apache ?

Glad to hear you guys had a good trip, and its now only approx 59 days or 1413 hours until I go to PNG with mark and the crew, CANT WAIT ! ! !

Great trip and some good shots of the area and the trip in general from you both.

I’ve been up there a few times but haven’t seen much of the coast at all.

I feel as if I’ve been there and seen it now and you’ve saved me heaps of cash…ha ha.

No really ,it was great stuff and I look forward to a few more shots from up there and a few new ones from down south now your home.

Welcome back.

3. stakky says:

4 days in the sky…

4. Apache energy, the one with a big gas plant,

Thanks Merv

Yep thats it Stakky.

5. truenorthmark says:

It was great having you on board Christian and I know that there are many who came away enlightened from having met you and that is evident by the amount of rebookings we got for next year.

It is normal to feel a little down after getting off the boat as I did in Karijini if you remember, but I am sure things will settle down soon mate!

Cheers,

Mark

yeah Mark, getting back to reality has been tough but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and boy is it a long dark tunnel. You need to add an advisory warning to the back of the TN brochures to say ” expect to feel like killing yourself for a week after disembarking from True North”

7. truenorthmark says:

LOL CF!!! Yea I guess how you are feeling is a testament to what True North is about…simply being the best that we can be so that the experience is the best that you can have.

But, if you have a look at the comments on your blog, you will see that you are the ‘True North’ of your field in photography as you are also aspiring to be the best that you can be and you are also influencing many people from all over the world.

I am sure that things will settle down soon mate!

8. Natasha McCulloch says:

Hi Christian, great pics. I feel so fortunately to have experienced the True North. The staff, the FISHING, the rock art, the food and of course the company. Trip of a life time!
    Tash (AKA – Pearl Lady!)

It was mint hey Tash, thanks for selling my wife a pearl, glad it was one of the cheaper pieces, but hey she is worth it. We enjoyed your company on the boat and your presentation. Cheers