Eagle Bay This Morning

19 Jan 2010 at 7:39am

There wasn’t a lawyer, doctor or sports star in site this morning and I had Eagle Bay to myself. I guess that happens when it’s still only 5am. We had some nice cloud down here today and even a little rain. The old 5D2 isn’t that bad a camera you know, I guess I can live with it for a whilst. I like this image as it is your typical hot humid stormy summer morning. The cloud was better above me and not so interesting on the horizon. Oh well you can’t have everything. More of the “Landscapes” to come.

oh and BTW can you all go and visit Dylans blog again, the poor bugger isn’t feeling the love!

1. danproud says:

It’s funny that only 6 months ago every second CF blog post was shouting the joys of the 5D2 – now its ‘not a bad old camera’ haha!

Great image CF!

2. Kym says:

Very Nice Christian!!

3. well you know how love affairs only last about 6 months before the gloss wears off, then it is just down to business. And a wise man once said to me, “it doesn’t matter how attractive a particular camera is, there is someone out there sick of it already”

Thanks Kym, going to print one now, …….. for Dunsborough!

4. Kym says:

I think you should share with Margs!!!!

5. truenorthmark says:

Nice one Bud!

Can I see a stitching error just above the canoe or is it an optical illusion!!!

I am still wrestling with this mast…there was a stitch error in there and even with dropping in the original I am having to line up the wires etc…what a pain…so I am onto stitching errors at present!

Cheers,

Mark

6. Dan Scott says:

Nice shot Christian, its good to see you back out there taking landscapes with the mk 2.
    Dan

7. thomasparkes says:

Nice one CF,
    I like the beautiful soft light in the grass, sand and kayak.

TP

8. davidsobik says:

Nice job mate!

David

9. Hi Christian,

Its certainly a different scene from a few weeks ago. Nice shot I really like the colour of the water.

Jamie

10. Dave Catley says:

Nice Shot Christian 🙂

I think you’re starting to sound like my 12 year old son, new stuff gets boring when it’s out the box and a week old and a constant supply of new shiny toys is necessary for continued happyness haha 😉

Come to think of it, that pretty much sums up me too …

11. wayte27 says:

Nice mate, very simple attractive colours, I just want to walk down that leading path and dive in !
    cheers Adrian

12. Nice one Christian, I like the stormy look, always dramatic.

13. that was just the waves coming in Mark, the wind was pushing the chop sideways.

thanks everyone for the kind words, I feel my landscape roots coming back.
    This image works for me because it is pretty simple and the colours are appealing

14. light and bright I call it Merv

15. Agree with Merv very nice light and colours.

16. Tom Putt says:

About you got back to your roots!
    Jen says she’s been missing out for ages!

17. Michael says:

Looks good bra, glad 2 hear ur back out there

18. So where did the Nikon go … Its like watching the end of Titanic saying … come back … come back …. 🙂 Great shot for a Canon just the same *grin*

19. I agree with you, CF. It’s a great image because it’s simple with nice colours. Looking forward to seeing more landscapes from you.

20. Tom you are appalling!
    The Nikon sadly had to go back to Sydney, just when I was getting used to it! Yeah the Canon is alright I guess.

21. Dave Catley says:

But surely it’s your creative skill not the equipment that makes the masterpieces Christian haha

22. nice shot
    good to see the ol landscapes back in fashion 🙂

23. hodgy1 says:

Lovin this new theme CF, I’m getting inspired again.

24. Dylan Fox says:

haha cheers mate! was gettin lonely! 🙁

25. Kym says:

Thanks for this one on canvas Christian!!! Looks fantastic in the Margs gallery!! Up already!!!

26. yes some skill mate but mostly equipment!! hehe

thanks fellas, glad you like those landscapes still.

Kym it is an early christmas present so make sure you sell it and I’ll get you another one!