New Gitzo Tripod

22 Feb 2010 at 3:35pm

This is a pic of my new baby, she is real skinny and real light. Thanks again to Brendan at PRA Imaging and Gitzo for supplying me with the best tripod for the job.

I had the same legs as Peter Eastway but a much better head, in fact I have two better heads than Peter Eastway now. I must say this thing is so light yet so firm on the ground. It makes photography fun again, ok, well tripods are never fun but it is a hell of a lot easier than the old one I had. Won’t mention the brand but it starts with Man and ends with frotto. I won’t get big muscles with this thing but there is always a downdside to state of the art equipment.
The details are

GT2542L carbon fibre tripod
GH3780QR Ball Head

See Brendon for your very own piece of perfection, and a good head!

1. SimonB says:

Hey Christian, nice CF tripod… You saw that coming, didn’t you??? Anyway, how do you find the ball head when you’re taking panos – wouldn’t be too good, surely? Good luck with the new site.

2. Pete Hodgson says:

Looks a bit naked without a D3x or D3s sitting on top of it CF.

3. hey didn’t see that coming but I like it. Stitching was fine mate, no different to the 3 way head. Just need to get a leveling base and an elbow bracket.

The D3x was in my hot little hands getting this pic!

4. Dave Catley says:

It sure looks like something from outer space, I really must get myself a lightweight head, I think mine weighs more than my tripod đŸ™‚

5. Dan Scott says:

Thats a flashy little unit, That ball head looks humongous, but it might just be the weedy little tripod haha. Looks cool man, I would love alight tripod. mine weighs a ton.
    Dan

6. André says:

Looks like a solid setup. Hope you don’t leave it home for the Karijini workshop as I would like to check out the tripod. đŸ™‚

7. The Carbon is sexy! this make good use for hiking sticks too haha

8. Jamie Nicolaou says:

CF, you need to get some Really Right Stuff gear on top of that tripod……..and go the RSs L-Plate.

Check out my new one – http://jamienicolaou.wordpress.com/2010/02/21/really-right-stuff/
    I reckon you’ll like the gear!!