A Different View

28 Feb 2010 at 8:57pm

On the first day of out Pilbara project we got a half hour jolly in a Heli over town, BHP, the Port and Dampier Salt. Was a fun experience and a first for Les as he hadn’t been in a chopper before. Hope he got some shots as he had one hand firmly on side of the heli for most of the trip. That Hassleblad of his is a bit weighty, one handed for 30 mins could be interesting. I held on with my butt cheeks and was sort of comfortable.

This was a pic over the tanks, don’t know who’s they are, but found the scene interesting. Stylized in Photoshop and using Nik Colour efex pro. Great software. If you want a copy see Benny @ Team Digital. Thats where I got mine. I know Tony Hewitt is a big fan of it too.

There’s something about that shot that grabs me, not sure what it is but I like it.

Maybe it’s the tanks , maybe it’s the texture , maybe it’s the road train, just can’t pinpoint it.

In other words it’s a yep from me, I like it.

Cheers.

2. Steve says:

Christian, I agree with Merv, that is one excellent image. I think is how you captured the light, the place fairly glows!

3. Nick Rains says:

Nik software is the TNFP filter – go on, admit it…

4. Pete Hodgson says:

Yep, the light and the tones set it off nicely, I like it to.
    If Nik software is the TNFP , now anything is possible.

Another thumbs up from me. Not sure if it’s a good thing or not but it sort of beautifies or romanticises an otherwise somewhat ugly place and process. I reckon it’s a cracker and would look appropriate on the wall of some mining CEOs office. I like the slight diagonal too – deliberate or just lose traction on the butt cheeks for a moment?

6. David Sobik says:

Yep looks good. Maybe because a different slant on the rule of thirds? 3 trailers, 3 silos, 3 things that look like cracker biscuits.

7. Adrian Wayte says:

Hey CF awesome image, great colours, super sharp, the road trains from the heli perspective creates great interest. Cheers Adrian

8. Matt Saul says:

Hey CF,
    Liking this one a lot. I still havnt installed my trial version of Nik software from the team digital session. Might have to give it a crack soon, everyone is raving about it!
    You catch the lighting down south on friday night?