Pilbara Sunset

29 Apr 2010 at 8:09pm

Karijini National Park

This was an image from a sunset shoot we all did not far from the eco retreat. The colour went nuts and Brent pulled out his strobe to add a bit of fill to the tree. Thanks to him and Tony for this shot. What struck me was how good the Phase captured the colours in the sky. It is pretty cheezy I know, but the sunset was just too spectacular not to shoot. Would it hang on a wall, I guess it might. On my wall, don’t know. Still a 40″ x 60″ flex on aluminium would look insane. The tree was sharp as bro!

Phase One, P65+, 45mm Phase lens, 645 DF Body.

Bloody ripper sky……

That is a cracking sky – hope you kept a shot for your sky folder. Lucky Brent was there – can’t believe you spent all that money on a camera and you don’t get a pop-up flash on it 🙂 I’m looking forward to seeing some stitched panos coming up.

3. Tim Wootton says:

Nice, angled flash-fill makes it!

4. Matt Lauder says:

Thats some bloody nice colour capture from the Phase one. Thats for sure.

5. phil says:

hey Fletch thats bloody awesome

6. Again, look at that amazing sky, I would have shot 1000 raws of just the sky had I been on the workshop. I find the tree is a little too well lit for my taste, looks very distinctly lit by a flash. Somewhat darkened it may look more natural.

Colours are really something, btw are you using Capture One with the Phase files?

7. Cool, Fletcher man cool. I like the trees; the sunset is awesome, beats the G&T I missed it with any day. Yet, I won’t forget the following morning shoot in a hurry, just comparing your viewfinder with mine (yours’, mine & Darienne’s). I have a few ideas for a workshop t-shirt , face it, it’s, a requirement (+++l) these days.

8. Fantastic colour in the sky, what a magical sunset. The tree really sticks out.. maybe a little too much?

9. Christian,

That shot just rocks. I love the way the tree is lit up and those colours are insane.

Jamie

10. Sweet shot CF, for some reason the version on facebook has more colour??.

11. rod thoams says:

Not sure why, but i posted this morning as anonymous, sorry bout that… awesome images again though mate

12. Jonathan says:

Damn thats a cool tree, great stuff!

13. Craig Hilton says:

looks shit…

SHIT HOT!
    Like Tim, I dig the light on the tree. Perfectly angled to bring out some texture as well.

14. Darrienne says:

What?! You said it was cheesy and made a face.

Hmmm, changes his mind.

I agree with Matt. Learnt heaps from looking through the viewfinder and watching the master at work. Teach me oh sensei.

But don’t give Christian a really colourful sunset

15. Sweet Buddy!

I might have to look at my version to see if it rates! That was just after I spiked my foot eh!

16. Tommy P says:

Do you shoot on a Phase One?!!? I’d never know…

17. Tom Parkes says:

Awesome sky Fletch, cannot be disappointed with that.

18. steph says:

I am in LOVE with your blog at the moment. for real/ wow