Karlamilyi National Park

19 Jun 2010 at 8:08pm

More of the sunrise over “Jurrasic Park”. This would be a place to spend a few days. lots to explore and dramatic scenery. My wife told me I screwed the pooch on this shot. I added a cracked paint look to the sky and she said it didn’t work with the rest of the image  because that was relatively straight. Of course I had flattened it by then and I worked bloody long and hard to get this look. Now I have to go back and try and remember what I did! Bummer! Love this scene though. It really struck me when I was standing there waiting for the sun to do its thing.

1. Yep really like the scene mate and I see what you were trying to achieve with the sky but I think it is a bit dark.

I think if you had that defining line sort of mirroring the darkened area on the ground but then had lighter tones above it the scene would work better. It is well work saving as it has the potential of being a cracker I reckon!

Bottom yep ….. top … nup.

3. Luke Austin says:

I’m liking this one Christian. The reds in the full view appear to be pushed a little to far. May be a different story in print though. Plenty of mood to this one 🙂

4. Olivia Taylor says:

I like the cracks in the sky, but i think it would look even more rustic with the cracks going all the way through the photograph, but i dunno, just an idea to play with. Still a heaps good pic!

5. Yeah the cracked paint look doesn’t work for me either but the rest is good! I like the dark moody Eastway look, I love darkening the sky. Get rid of the cracked paint, crop the bottom and it will really begin to shine.

6. I like the image here fletch, though the reds in the fullsize are markedly stronger than in the thumbnail. The texture overlay on the sky detracts from the rest of the work on the image to me, but hey the APPA judges liked a few shots with that type of effect…. 🙂

7. btw, Merv has now perfected the art of reviewing an image he should get an award, love the “bottom yep top nup” comment!

8. I just had another look at this larger and for sure I feel that the mega detail image printed up will look awesome and think that you should print it and see mate!

9. Brent says:

Hey Christian
    I’m with the others on this…. I very much like the shot, and Iike the direction you are taking it, but I think you have pushed it too far…. at least for my taste. But who knows, maybe it will look amazing printed.

BP

10. Dan Proud says:

awesome image mate. looks like a wicked place.

11. Antonio Ranieri says:

Hey CF I think you should suck a bit of red out of the hills buddy other than that I love it!!

12. I like it … I would I think with or without the sky texture … I’m sure it will print up stunning at 60*40 and whacked right in the front door of the duns gallery ….

13. mattInman says:

I like it, it has a nice gritty feel to it!

14. Stakky says:

ey i really like this one, definitely one of my favourites!