The Cartoon Look

29 Jul 2010 at 8:15pm

Have you ever wondered how photographers get that cartoon look in some of their portraits. That gritty dirty contrasty look. I have been trying to work it out for ages. I think I am almost there. Am I going to divulge the secret?? Hmm, you might have to get on my next workshop! Well thats if you like this look. If you don’t, and I suspect you won’t Hazel, then you won’t care a bit!!

I like it, it is fun to do and creative.

1. Very cool and different shot there mate!

Yep you have just about nailed it thats for sure!

2. Steve says:

Hope the guy isn’t really serious about making a shot, the gun isn’t even cocked! Interesting look.

3. jeepers, you guys are quick! I like, will see what the troops think.

4. They don’t call me King of the blogs for nothin mate!

5. matt dixon says:

Looks good I like it.

Strangely enough, I like it too !!!

It’s a yep.

Isn’t there an iPad app for photographers that want to draw cartoons? 😉 This one is much better than some other stuff I’ve seen.

8. Brett Morgan says:

Good work CF its awesome how much stuff you can do in photoshop with layers, masks, blending modes and adding textures the mind is your only boundary thats for sure and think I will have to try and do something similar now looks good hey :).

9. Andrew Brown says:

Clever stuff mate, looks great

Muzzy if there is one I would have it!

Brett your right where the battle is won or lost is right between your ears.

11. Jeremy says:

This is a fantastic shot. I don’t remember posing for this, or indeed the one on the film poster, but I must congratulate you on such beautiful work. I’ve already had the most amazing comments from fellow actors and film makers. This could do as much for my career as the film we’re promoting!!! Excellent effect.

12. Hey Jeremy, thanks for stopping by the blog. I have lots more shots from the movie, it was awesome to have the opportunity to shoot some stills. I think your look would go down very well in the next underbelly series. Glad your getting some good feedback from the shots, let me know if you have any other projects coming up, would be good to be involved.

13. David Sobik says:

Hey Christian its a great look for sure, mate your getting better and better each day!

14. Nice work Christian.

15. hazel says:

I just read that. Very funny and very true but as long as your having fun with it that’s the main thing.

16. Definitely close to nailing that look, very cool. One of my mates’ mates is a master of this, I have linked to him before. Unfortunately he has a flash heavy cumbersome site, but bear with it and watch some awesome processed pictures: http://www.territorium.dk

17. Tim Wootton says:

I Like the look Christian, I have a neat little preset in LR2 that is very similar. Works really well with those faces that are well lived in!