Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse

24 Dec 2010 at 9:22pm

This is the haunted lighthouse we slept at on Monday night. Was pretty awesome once it stopped raining. The clouds were perfect the moon was almost full. Everything you want for some night photography. Everyone nailed some great pics. We didn’t see the ghost, pretty happy about that! This was a 30 second exposure. I had Merv and Pete next to me so this shot is pretty special! It is for sale, 15K and I’ll get Merv and Pete to co sign it for that price!!! One off, original. Any takers?

1. Steve says:

I’ll give you 15k Zambian Kwachas for it!

2. Tom Parkes says:

Awesome Fletch, I really like it, really nice blue in the sky too.

3. Craig says:

Great shot! Very effective, great to see the 5DMKII still serving you well. Is the foreground lit naturally just by the moonlight or was there some flash used? Also, when you say you slept at the lighthouse did you actually get to sleep IN it? That would have been fun!

• yep the 5D still works and is fun to use. The whole scene was lit by moonlight only. Most of us slept in one of the cottages there at the lighthouse I slept in my car. Your not allowed in the lighthouse itself. The whole place is haunted, luckily I didn’t find that out till morning.

4. Sweet image Mate…merry Xmas!

5. Pete Hodgson says:

You have done this one justice CF, Looks great.

6. Tim Wootton says:

Like this one Christian, different lighthouse image than most. Hope you had a great Xmas and all the best for the New Year!

7. Jamie Nicolaou says:

Lucky you slept in your car CF, cause there were some strange noises coming from inside the cottage all night!! Or maybe that was just all the other guys snoring and farting!!

8. I dig the sky and the light/lighthouse here mate… the foreground ‘treatment’ looks pretty cold and frosty – where’s casper ?

9. hazel says:

I must be missing something here.

10. phil back says:

thats an awesome shot CF love it