What a week!

26 Nov 2011 at 9:15pm

Sorry for the lack of posts, life has been a little busy at the moment. Just got back from a South West Light trip with Peter Eastway, Tony Hewitt, Les Walkling, Nick Rains and my brother Michael. It was unbelievable. Just before that I took this photo with my wife on a climb up to Bluff Knoll. We camped at the top overnight and then walked down in the morning. On the way up the light and drama was spectacular. This image above is straight out of the camera. We had rain showers and gods rays all over the place.

Then with the boys we went from Bremmer Bay through the Stirlings to Katanning. We took a plane and pilot with us to do aerials all the way. The stuff we got was mind blowing. Will reveal a little soon but most of the best stuff will be kept for the exhibition that should be happening around June.

I’m off to NZ on Monday morning then fly straight to Tasmania. Will be instructing at a PODAS workshop (Phase One Digital Artist Series) for Phase One with Ken Duncan, Jackie Rankin and Mike Langford. It is going to be brilliant. Then in Tasmania I will be joining Nick Rains to do our Freycinet Workshop.

When I get home I am moving house with my family and then it is Christmas. Full on. The madness starts again in January with more workshops, then again in February, March and April. May we will be in Africa. Getting tired just thinking about it.

Hope you like this shot of the Stirlings. I have decided that great landscape photos need drama. If the weather looks foul, then you should probably be out shooting.

Speak soon.

1. Tina Bartley says:

Awesome shot Christian! The Stirlings are pretty damn magical. Sounds like you are going to be flat out for the next 6 months :)!

2. Hey my friend, full on manic speed as always, there’s no other way is there 🙂 Sounds like a cool 5.1 trip. See you in January, will my room be ready by then ? 😉

I like drama in all images, be it via weather or emotions or story etc – you caught yourself some darn good light in this Stirling image.

3. Garry Frayne says:

If the attached image is anything to go buy Christian, I’m looking forward to the exhibition stuff.

Totally agree with your sentiments about drama and landscapes. I love natures moods, especially her darkest ones that have most running!
    Great Stuff.
    Cheers

Garry

4. Matt Lauder says:

That’s one hell of a schedule mate. Sounds like a lot of fun though.

5. Steve says:

Okay, you’ve exhausted me just with what you have scheduled! Have fun with the PODAS guys and tell Kevin Raber that he better not do any driving. He pranged a few cars in Ireland this past summer.

It is nice to see what the Stirlings actually look like. They were totally socked in when we were there in January.

6. Nice image CF… much better than the iphone version 🙂 What a busy schedule you have… better to be busy I guess. Enjoy rubbing shoulders with the likes of the PODAS guys. You are turning into one of the greats, if you are not already there. International stardom can’t be too far away 🙂

7. Love these moody shots, especially the underexposed foreground and the subtle green tones. Keep the drama coming, there’s already too many shiny happy images out there 🙂

8. Tim Donnelly says:

Mind blowing scene there CF….You must have been as excited as a kid in a candy store!! And that schedule…all I can say is madness and yet exciting all at the same time. Looking forward to seeing some more shots!

9. Sandy@Shots says:

Looking forward to seeing those aerials…sounds like you’re having a ball!

10. Tom Parkes says:

Stunning shot CF, very Grampiansesque.